Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Google's new app market for Chrome

Looks like Google is going all out in its support for Chrome as a platform rather than just a browser.  The big announcement today was Chrome OS but more immediately of interest is the Chrome Web Store. The Chrome browser has been expandable via all sorts of extensions for a while but the new store adds apps, both paid and free to the mix.  Its still in the babysteps stage and already has the uncoralled feel of the Android Market but I'm eager to see how this turns out. Chrome has been my browser of choice for a while now and I don't see myself going back to Firefox any time soon.  For the HTPC, Chrome is the primary browser so I'm very interested to see how well the apps on the app market integrate into an HTPC setting.

No comments:

Post a Comment